COVID-19 Health, Hygiene and Safety Plan
The health and well-being of our guests and staff is our highest priority.
As a people-oriented business, Sydney Lodges shares the concern of your safety with respect to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). All Sydney Lodges properties will strive to continue to be safe and clean. We have always been known for our high standard of cleanliness and have implemented even more extensive cleaning of our common areas and rooms.
We are closely monitoring all updated information from official authorities including the World Health Organisation, the Australia Government and the NSW Governments’ Departments of Health.
In line with the NSW Government's recommendations we have followed the Guidelines of the Covid Safety Plan for Hotels and Accommodation and are now registered with the NSW Government as a Covid-Safe Property.
The Covid Safety Plan guidelines include:
Wellbeing of our Guests and Employees
- We have provided our employees with information and training on COVID-19, including when to get tested, physical distancing and cleaning.
- We have staggered our start times and breaks for staff members to minimise the risk of close contact.
- Our employees are required to stay home, get tested and self-isolate if they feel unwell.
- We have reviewed our regular deliveries (such as linen) and have asked for the delivery to be contactless.
- We have communicated to our wider community these important updates via our website, social media and email newsletters.
- We display signage at reception, in lifts and other public areas with reminder communications of key health messages and the maximum safe capacity rules.
- We have strategies in place to reduce crowding and contact between our employees and guests.
- We have reduced the number of surfaces touched in the lobby, at Reception and inside guest rooms.
- We have removed some tables and seating in our lobbies to support 1.5 metres of physical distance.
Safe and Clean Surroundings
- Our employees have been trained in the importance of good personal hygiene practices.
- We ensure public areas are cleaned daily with disinfectant and more often frequently touched areas and surfaces are cleaned several times a day.
- We have ensured that our lobby bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels.
- We have hand sanitiser available at reception and encourage frequent use.
- When eftpos terminals are in use for transaction pin numbers or signatures are required, we will clean terminals and pens between guest use with a disinfectant solution.
- Our guest rooms are sprayed with approved anti-viral treatments.
- The recommended disinfectant solutions we use are maintained at the recommended appropriate strength in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions.
- We will keep a record of name and a mobile number or email address for all employees, guests and any visiting contractors.
- These records are only for the purpose of tracing COVID-19 infections and are stored confidentially and securely.
- Our employees are encourages to download the the COVIDSafe app.
Travel information Updates
Here are some helpful websites to keep you up to date with where and when you can travel
If you are concerned about your health, please call the Coronavirus Health Information Line for advice on 1800 020 080.
If you have any concerns about any of our procedures please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org