What’s On Stage in Sydney
Sydney Theatre Locals Guide
We have your covered for all the most up to date events on in Sydney’s Theatre and Live Music with links direct to official ticket box offices below.
The Sydney Opera House – There’s always something for everyone at “the House” from comedy theatre and standup, drama, burlesque and musicals. Plus experience the new intimate dining ensembles at Bennelong, complete with the SSO (Sydney Symphony Orchestra) as live accompaniment to your entree, main and dessert.
Some of Sydney’s famous venues and largest theatres include:
The Lyric Theatre is located at The Star Casino in Darling Harbour, but just a short ride from our properties.
The Capitol Theatre is still a beautiful old style theatre, famous for showing many a musical in Sydney, close to our properties in Haymarket.
The Sydney Theatre Company has numerous venues including the Roslyn Packer Theatre and the Wharf theatre at Walsh Bay. Some Sydney Theatre Company productions also play at the Sydney Opera House – Drama Theatre or The Studio.
The State Theatre has various orchestrations, including contemporary music and musical theatre.
The ICC Aware Super Theatre has Lorde in March 2022 and Guy Sebastian in April/May 2022.
Like to be on the Fringe Theatre scene?
There’s many local theatre and shows opening up again too, if you want to go more fringe, here’s what’s on nearby to our Potts Point or Randwick properties or Contact Us for more details.
- The Griffin Theatre Company at the Stables Theatre is just a short walk across the road from the Coke Sign in Nimrod Ave, Darlinghurst is one of Sydney’s original Fringe theatres and has some excellent drama with a very intimate stage.
- The Kings Cross Theatre is a new theatre group that have opened on Level 3 of the Kings Cross Hotel.
- The Bamboozle Room is at middle level of the Potts Point Hotel, a cabaret night with a bit of sparkle and burlesque.
- The Hayes Theatre is a Potts Point local’s favourite in Greenknowe Ave and known for its musical and cabaret productions.
- The Darlinghurst Theatre or Eternity Playhouse, is just down the road in Burton Street Darlinghurst.
- The Belvoir is in Surry Hills, on the Light Rail Service from Randwick to the City.
Check online What’s On and to book tickets at these independent theatres by using the links above or click through on the images.
Book your Stay to enjoy a unique heritage style stay in Sydney near the beach at Randwick.
Thank you for choosing to Stay Local with Sydney Lodges.