Sydney Cricket Ground
Home to Cricket, Sydney Swans, Sydney Football Club, Rugby and the NRL Rugby League
Located at Moore Park, the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) is world renowned and home to Australia’s most loved occupation their sport.
The SCG is home to:
- Mens and Women’s State and International Cricket for major test matches, one day international matches and twenty20 matches, plus the Sheffield Shield (interstate competition).
- Aussie Rules (AFL) matches played in Sydney (home of the Sydney Swans). Go Swannies!
- Sydney Football Clubs teams are based here
- Rugby Australia* including the renowned Wallabies and NSW Waratahs
- Rugby League (NRL)* teams including the Sydney Roosters and the St George Illawarra Dragons
An fascinating experience for all those Cricket lovers out there is to explore the Sydney Cricket Ground and the SCG Museum on a behind-the-scenes Tour! Enjoy the 90 minute guided tour that takes you through the player’s dressing rooms, walk through the players’ tunnel onto the sacred ground that is the SCG and bring you up close to cricket memorabilia in the SCG Museum. Click here for tour tickets.
*Currently the Sydney Cricket Ground hosts the International and National Rugby matches and National Rugby League during the construction of the new Sydney Football Stadium (due to be completed in 2022) which is next door in Moore Park, all within walking distance of a short ride from our properties in Potts Point and Randwick.
The SCG also plays host to many festival events and music concerts performed by national and international stars plus during COVID-19 is also here to host iconic events, like this year’s Mardi Gras parade in March.
See what’s coming up in events for 2021.